Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Comic Book Opinions for August 9


I was able to sneak into Cambridge and pick up this week's comics. Here are my quick and dirty opinions:

Pick of the week:

FABLES #52: Something wicked this way comes... This comic always delivers a great story.

Recommended:

52 #14 : I am still ejoying this comic. This week's was a filler; was like watching the hobbits walk between battles in the Rings trilogy.
GREEN ARROW #65: This is one of the few post-crisis storylines I have enjoyed. This issue had a great take on Ollie's political plans.
MAN CALLED KEV #2: MMMMM, Garth Ennis. I really miss Preacher.
ULTIMATE X-MEN #73: I enjoyed the Magician induced amnesia and X-Men ass whooping. Let's go Phoenix!!!!
SQUADRON SUPREME #6: I am on the fence with this one. I have enjoyed the pyschotic super heroes. The debriefing scene with Tom Thumb was worth the cover price.
CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE #5: The prison location for registration dodgers is worth the cover price on this. I have also enjoyed Speedball in jail.

Could have left behind: (lots of waiting for a storyline comments):

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #209: Not too bad. Nice art. The storyline isn't that original, but that has been my beef with LODK for the last 24 issues.
MS MARVEL #6: MM is a sell-out!!!!!! Do I want to continue reading this? Can the book hold it together after the Civil War storyline?
SHE-HULK 2 #10: I liked the last few pages.
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2: Yeah, yeah, Bendis misses the Marvel Knights books. Nice waste of an annual.
WOLVERINE ORIGINS #5 : Waiting for the story to start up...

Dropping from the mix:

HULK #97 : Brooding Hulk in another galatic system. Ho-Hum.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?