Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

Comic Books for August 16th


Wow, I have been spoiling myself with weekly trips to Cambridge.

Picks of the week:

FELL #6: Another great issue from Ellis. All that web surfing and blogging is really boosting his range.
100 Bullets: It was a great issue to see the old story line in action. 100 untraceable bullets versus 1 problem.

Recommended:

BOYS #1: (pic to the side) It was worth the the $2.99 for page 7-8. Great art. The rest of the story line is old hat.
52 #15: I would have listed that under - who would have saw that coming. I can't say I'm not happy for see BG go. One caveat is the ease of the prison escape. I would think Black Adam would have better security.
NEXT WAVE #7: I like serious Ellis (Fell) and like sarcastic Ellis in Nextwave. Two great tastes that taste great together. "Oh my god, they explode, my life has taken on new meaning".
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #32: This would have been my pick of the week if Fell wasn't in the line up. Great ending to Marvel Zombies. I loved seeing Mr Fantastic exploit Dr Doom's powers. Good writing and great art. I am sorry to see that Mark Millar is moving off the title.

Liked:

CHECKMATE #5: I have been enjoying this new book. I am loving Greg Rucka. The Black Knight training was enjoyable.
CIVIL WAR X-MEN #2 : Not much to say. I could have left it. I remember the same story line in one of the Thunderbolts remakes: "Let's hide in an uninventoried Hulk Buster base".
SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #29 : Good use of the unmasking, Peter.
SHADOWPACT #4: Missed the third issue and needed to read it at Newbury Comics today. I hate when I miss an issue despite the subscription. Issue 4 was a stand alone. I missed the rest of the team in the story - it was all Blue Devil.
MANHUNTER #25 : This is a great, consistent read. Where is the title going though? What's with the wait until Fall.
RUNAWAYS #19 : Still good. Great grieving issue.

Could Have left behind:

CATWOMAN #58 : This might make the drop list.
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR ANN.: I hate these Ultimate annuals so far. I feel like I was anally raped for the $3.99. And not in a good way. Crap!!!! Blood!!! ETC!!!
HELLBLAZER #223 : I could have left this on the shelf. Nothing thrilling. It's like the sex after a 15 year marriage. No spice, same old, same old.
ROBIN #153: Shit, I thought I had dropped this one last month. My quality control is slipping.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?